There has been a lot of information about Steve Jobs that’s been coming to the surface since he passed away recently. Among articles calling him a visionary, there were also articles calling him a tyrant; and yet still others calling him a drug using malcontent. Regardless of your views of him, and although he was just a mere mortal, he still had a profound impact on the technological progress of the last few decades that can not be denied. In fact, some have likened him to our modern day Edison or Einstein, who were also loved and hated.
I will not deify him. But, I will give him respect because of his contributions to the world. There is no doubt that we are better connected (to music, to business, and to each other) in this globe largely because of his vision of the direction of the future.
So, what did Steve Jobs choose to believe was his direction in life? I chose to hang on to a couple quotes from Steve Jobs that leave a profound impression on me and answer that question. The quotes are below:
- The benefit of death, he said, is you know not to waste life living someone else’s choices.
- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
- Mike Bloomberg Compares Steve Jobs To Edison, Einstein (forbes.com)
- Sony Rumored To Be Looking For Steve Jobs Movie Rights (macstories.net)
- Visionary leadership of Steve Jobs (takeheartlauriesessa.wordpress.com)
- To: Jobs,Steve (kussette.wordpress.com)